Thursday, January 17, 2013

I had an unscheduled trip to the OB today

I've noticed over the last few days that I had more bleeding than usual. Anyone that has had kids knows that bleeding isn't unusual while pregnant, especially when having a bowel movement. However, I was bleeding into my panties and I could see it when I wiped. I also had some abnormal discharge so just to be safe I called the nurse. So they brought me in for an appointment today and did an ultrasound. It revealed that the placenta was fine but as soon as I cleaned up I was bleeding again.

Once I got in to see the doctor she asked me what was going on and I explained to her that the bleeding had picked up. So she took a look and found some polyps on my cervix. I just had a cervical exam 4 weeks ago so to have them pop up was a little weird. I've never had them until now. So she removed them and said that this is what was causing the bleeding. I was told to expect cramping and bleeding over the next 24-48 hours.

I'm already cramping...


UGH.

Here's some more information on Cervical Polyps.

No comments:

Post a Comment